This page lists all blog posts written by the Expert Review authors, the other reports and publications to which they have contributed as well as external sources on the EU referendum and the environment. For blog posts sorted by topic, please refer to the blog Archive available in the sidebar.
Blogs from our experts and their co-authors
After the vote:
- Jordan, A. & Gravey, V. (17/02/2017) Policy after Brexit -- will it be dynamic or zombie-like? The Environmentalist
- Burns, C. (01/02/2017) MEPs will fight Brexit deal that lets the UK become an offshore pollution haven, The Conversation
- Gravey, V. (24/01/2017) Is the Supreme Court decision good for the environment?, Inside Track Green Alliance Blog
- Gravey, V. (04/01/2017) Four ‘green lines’ for Brexit negotiators looking to protect the environment, The Conversation
- Jordan, A., Burns, C. & Gravey, V. (03/01/2017) Three steps to a Green Brexit, The Environmentalist
- Gravey, V. Jordan, A., Burns (19/12/2016), C. Brexit and UK-Irish relations: between low and high politics?, UK in a Changing Europe
- Stewart, B. (22/11/2016) Casting into the future of UK fisheries after Brexit UK in a Changing Europe
- Oberthür, S. (10/2016) The European Union in Crisis: What Future for the EU in International Climate Policy?, IES Policy Briefs
- Jordan, A. Burns, C. & Gravey, V. (11/08/2016) Zombie-like or Servile: Why the environment sector needs to consider the worst-case scenarios for Brexit, The Environmentalist
- Gravey, V. Jordan, A. & Burns, C. (10/08/2016) Environmental policy after Brexit: mind the governance gap, UK in a Changing Europe
- Rayner, T. & Moore, B. (04/07/2016) How the UK can still lead on climate change – even after Brexit The Conversation
- Burns, C. Gravey, V. & Jordan, A. (28/06/2016) What does Brexit mean for the UK’s environment?PSA Environment Blog
- Gravey, V., Jordan, A. & Burns, C. (28/06/2016) Brexit: A step forwards or backwards for a Greener Europe? Euractiv
- Jordan, A., Burns, C. & Gravey V. (27/06/2016) After the Brexit vote: what next for the UK's environment? Green Alliance Blog
- Burns, C. Gravey, V. & Jordan, A. (24/06/2016) It's over and we are out of the EU: What does Brexit mean for the the UK's environment, The Environmentalist
During the referendum:
- Oberthür, S. (23/06/2016) How would a Brexit affect the environment? LSE Europp blog
- Gravey, V. (16/06/2016) Four little-known EU rules which help protect Britain’s environment, The Conversation and Newsweek on 21/06/2016
- Gravey, V. & Schoenefeld, J. (16/06/2016) Is the EU as green as it used to be? Environmental Europe?
- Burns, C. & Gravey, V. (31/05/2016) The EU Referendum and the UK’s Environment: What are the implications for democracy? Foundation for Democracy and Sustainable Development
- Gravey, V. & Jordan, A. (27/05/2016) A tale of two policy areas: why EU-UK environmental relations are more complicated than you think, Green Alliance Blog
- Cowell, R. & Owens, S. (05/2016) The EU referendum, planning and the environment, Town and Country Planning
- Gravey, V. Jordan, A. and Burns, C. (24/05/2016) What would Brexit mean for the environment? Euractiv.com
- Gravey, V. (17/05/2016) Brexit: l'environment ça compte! Essca.fr
- Jordan, A. & Gravey, V. (13/05/2016) Environmental protection: Brexit creates new risks and new opportunities, University of East Anglia EU Referendum blog
- Gravey, V. & Jordan, A. (11/05/2016) Agriculture and the EU referendum: taking stock and peering forwards, UK in a Changing Europe
- Jordan, A. & Gravey, V. (09/05/2016) Is environment the biggest hole in the referendum campaigns?, Green Alliance Blog
- Gravey, V. & Jordan, A. (04/05/2016) Agriculture and the EU referendum: taking stock and peering forwards, University of East Anglia EU Referendum blog
- Cowell, R. (29/04/2016) Planning and the environment after the EU referendum, Planners Network UK (pnuk.org.uk)
- Rayner, T. (20/04/2016) Cut out: Brexit would put the EU’s efforts to reduce carbon emissions at risk, LSE BrexitVote
- Burns, C. (20/04/2016) Will the Environmental Audit Committee Report at last bring the environment onto the referendum campaign agenda?, PSA Environment blog
- Burns, C. (19/04/2016) Why experts agree the EU is good for the UK’s natural environment, The Conversation
- Stewart, B. & Carpenter, G. (15/04/2016) What would Brexit really mean for the UK's fishing industry National Federation of Fishermen's Organisation
- Jordan, A. (04/2016) Weighing up the facts, Inside Track, Spring 2016, pp.12-13
- Gravey, V. Jordan, A., Burns, C. (13/04/2016), Why the environment matters in the British EU Referendum debate, Environmental Europe?
- Gravey, V. & Jordan, A. (03/2016) 'Brexit UK-EU environmental relations: what happens after 23 June?', UKELA elaw, March-April 2016
- Stewart, B. & Carpenter, G. (24/03/2016) 'What would Brexit really mean for the UK’s fishing industry?', The Conversation
- Gravey, V. (29/02/2016) 'A surprising deal? Cameron’s ‘reformed EU’ & the environment' Environmental Europe?
Before the referendum:
- Jordan, A. (2015) 'The environmental case for Europe', The ENDS Report.
- Jordan, A. (2014) 'What has the EU done for the UK environment?', The ENDS Report.
- Gravey, V. (2014) 'Either, or? British Membership and a Green Europe' Environmental Europe?
Other reports and publications to which our authors contributed
- Ekins, Paul, Dutton, J. & Watson, J. (26/05/2016) The EU referendum: Implications for UK Energy Policy, UKERC
- Dupont, C., Groen, L., Oberthür, S., Soria Rodriguez, C. (04/2016) The UK and EU environmental policy common responses to common problems, IES Policy Briefs 10/2016
- Written evidence (2015) to Environment Audit Committee's Assessment of EU/UK Environmental Policy Inquiry:
- Written evidence (2013) to the Balance of Competence review: Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research (including Prof. Andy Jordan & Dr Tim Rayner) and University of York, Environment Department (including Dr Charlotte Burns).
- Burns, C. (2013) The Implications for UK Environmental Policy of a Vote to Exit the EU, Friends of the Earth
- Jordan, A. and Adelle, C. (eds) (2013) Environmental Policy in the EU: Actors, institutions and processes, 3rd edition, Oxford:Routledge
- Willis, R. (01/07/2016) Europe, the environment and democracy: the perils of policy by stealth Green Alliance Blog
- Fisher, L. (17/06/2016) Sovereignty, red tape...and the environment, PSA Insight Plus Blog
- Haigh, N. (05/2016) Guest column, Chemical Watch
- Baldock, D. (20/04/2016) What EU referendum could mean for the UK environment, The Crowd.me
- ENDS Report (2016) An Environmental Union? The Ends Report Special Report
- Environment Audit Committee (2016) EU and UK Environmental Policy, Third Report of Session 2015-2016.
- Barlow M. & Hadley E. (2016) Effects of a Brexit on Environmental laws - Habitats, Waste, Chemicals and Air, Lexology.com
- Baldock, D. (03/2016) Brexit — the environment debate that needs to happen, I-croner
- CIEEM (2016). Links to External Information Relevant to the EU Referendum and the Natural Environment. Frequently updated list of press coverage and publications.
- IEEP (2016) Brexit – the Implications for UKEnvironmental Policy andRegulation. A special independent report commissioned by the all-party parliamentary environment group.
- IEEP (2016) The potential policy andenvironmental consequencesfor the UK of a departure fromthe European Union IEEP
- Haigh, N. (2016) EU environmental policy: it's journey to centre stage Oxford: Routledge, 214p.
- Prof. Colin Reid (2015) 'Brexit' and the Environment, Strathclyde Centre for Environmental Law and Governance Seminar.
- Stephen Tindale (2014) The Green Benefits of Britain's EU membership, Centre for European Reform